Cauliflower is one of those underrated vegetables hiding in the shadows. It is a super power food that is low in calories and loaded with vitamins and minerals. It has a neutral flavor which is perfect for this recipe. This wonderful spicy side dish has oodles of charm and its quite favorable. There is nothing like a healthy side that is a hassle free and easy to prepare. But watch out for the curry and turmeric. Things can get a bit yellow 🙂
- 2 tablespoons peanut or olive oil
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into 1-inch florets
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, minced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped ginger, peeled
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- Preheat over to 450
- In a sauce pan bring oil to a medium heat. Reduce heat to low, add cumin, coriander, turmeric, curry and ginger, allow the flavors to marry together.*
- Remove from heat. Add cauliflower and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat evenly.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange cauliflower in a single layer.
- Roast cauliflower for about 10 to 15 minutes until brown and tender. If the edges are a little crispy then its perfect.
- Transfer to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.