Bless me fellow bloggers, for I have strayed. It’s been a few days since my last confession. . .
I have eating my fair share of desserts but have neglected my first love. I have given into pressures of creating new and interesting things for the sake of others, while my dear chocolate laid patiently beneath the coconut shavings and next to the chopped pecans waiting to be embraced again. I apologize for the oversight and with this delicious no-bake raspberry chocolate tart I hope to redeem myself.
This easy to make decadent tart will satisfy that craving for chocolate. Whenever I am down and nothing seems to lift my spirits, this piece of heaven always does the trick.
In this recipe, instead of my typical tart crust. I opted for a simple oreo cookie crust. It is important to include the creamy center of the cookie as it helps to bind the crust. It peers perfect with this the smooth richness of this chocolate ganache.
- 30 Oreo cookies w/ cream filling
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cups dark chocolate, finely chopped*
- ½ mild chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- Raspberries to decorate
- For Crust: Place oreo cookies into the bowl of a food processor and blend until crumbs form. Add melted butter and pour over the crushed cookies. Process until evenly moistened. Press cookie mixture with the back of the spoon and your fingers where necessary, into the bottom and edges of a rectangular 5×14 inch (12 x 36 cm) tart pan. Freeze until you prepare the filling, just for few minutes.
- For Filling: In a medium heatproof bowl, place chopped dark and milk chocolate. Set aside. In a small saucepan, bring heavy cream and butter to a low boil over medium heat. Add sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat and pour mixture over the prepared chocolate. Let stand for 1 minute. Using a spatula, stir mixture until melted and smooth. Add in cocoa powder and blend well.
- Pour mixture into prepared chilled crust and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator and add raspberries as desired. Place back in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or overnight.
*Bittersweet dark chocolate is best. Although this recipe is also good without sugar, you are able to monitor the amount of sugar added. However, if you want to use sweetened chocolate, remove sugar from recipe.
Chocolate is cheaper than therapy, and you don’t need and appointment.