Hey guys! Here is one of my go to sides for a get together with family and friends. Its one of those dishes you can have for brunch, lunch or even a fancy dinner party.
Living in Germany I have definitely found a new appreciation for potatoes. Potatoes are a staple in the German diet. My in-laws on just about every occasion serve potatoes in some form. So there is no surprise why the hubster is a lover of this starchy vegetable and why I find myself cooking with them so often.
These little mouthfuls are easy to make and easier to eat.
- 1 lb Yukon Gold or Russets potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, plucked
Preheat the oven to 360°F.
- In a medium saucepan, add oil, butter, garlic and rosemary. Heat on low. Allow the flavors to come together about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside until oil is cool.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly oil the cupcake tins.
- Toss the potato slices in the oil mixture. Make sure all sliced are coated. Season with salt and pepper. Begin layering the sliced potatoes, and continue by alternating each layer with thyme until sacked to the rim of the tin. Repeat until all tins are filled with stacks.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and cooked.
Note: You can add cheese to these beauts and drizzle cream over them as well. It’s all up to you.