As spring begins to wind down, and we enter into sunny summer; I could not resist one of my favorite springy summery delights, Lemon Zucchini loaf. It’s like falling in love with summer all over again. The refreshing taste of lemon is in complete harmony with the tenderness and juiciness of the Zucchini. It makes for a deliciously moist and fluffy cake.
What I love most about this recipe is how refreshing it is. The lemon flavor is a natural pallet cleanser which revitalize your taste buds after a savory meal. It’s also another perfect way to hide veggies from those picky eaters.
LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD
- 1 cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 Large Egg, Lightly Beaten
- 1 ½ Tablespoons Lemon Extract
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 cup Zucchini, Shredded
- 1 ½ cup All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon Baking Soda
- ¼ Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, vegetable oil, egg. Mix in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- Gently fold in zucchini. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder). Add the flour mixture to zucchini mixture some at a time. Mix just until the flour is moistened.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with just a few moist crumbs.
- In a small bowl, mix together powdered sugar and 3 tablespoon lemon juice until smooth. If needed, add more one teaspoon at a time until desired consistency.
- Pour the glaze over the bread. Let the it sit out at room temperature until the glaze has dried well.
Enjoy with ice cream or whipped cream.